The selection of the candidate for government quota is based on seven categories. These seven categories are- OC, BC, BCM (BC Muslim), MBC and DNC, SC, SCA and ST reservation.
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu only can be considered for admission under Government Quota in all Institutions. In Self-Financing Institutions Government Quota is 50% of sanctioned intake.
According to the Government of Tamil Nadu, Reservation Criteria for the seven categories is tabulated as below:
|Categories||Reservation in (%)|
|Open Competition (OC)||31.00%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.50%|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC and DNC)||20.00%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15.00%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1.00%|
- Communal reservation is strictly considered for the natives from Tamil Nadu. The community recorded in the certificate of Tamil Nadu native candidate should fall under the list of communities approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates must have his/her Community Certificate in permanent card format or electronic form or digitally signed e-certificate from the specified authorities on or before the last date prescribed for submission of online application.
- Candidates must keep a note that certificates obtained from any other state will not be considered for document verification.
- Candidates belonging to a specific community from the district must obtain his/her certificate from the respective district.
- A candidate who does not submit the permanent community certificate at the time of filling the application form shall fall under open competition category.